Vermicelli is an amazing food item which have noodles like quality, an excellent breakfast when you need some refreshment of taste even they are healthy and easily made item. it is made of all purpose flour.
- Vermicelli [semiya] – 1 cup
- Rava/semolina- ½ cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Carrot [grated] - 1 tbsp
- few Cashew nut - roasted & chopped
- Green chilli - 1 [chopped]
- Curry leaves - few
- Ginger - 1 tbsp [grated]
- Coriander Leaves - ½ cup [chopped]
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- (Batter Mixture) In a bowl , Add rava, vermicelli, curd, salt & water mix well (general Idli batter consistency) and leave it for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- (Tempering) Heat oil in a pan then add mustard seeds & let it splutter. Then add Bengal gram & urad dal, cashew nut, Asafoetida, green chilli, ginger, carrot, and curry leaves saute gently.
- Turn off heat & Add this to the batter mixture.
- Heat idli cooker with water & let it boil. Then grease idly plates with oil, pour batter in each cavity, then place it in boiling water, cover lid and steam it for 10 min.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.