Spinach is a green leafy vegetable. It is full of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals and has an extremely high nutritional value. It is a good source of vitamins A, B2, C, and K, and also contains magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium. It is low in fat.
There are several ways to prepare this amazing palak paratha. the other most common way is to prepare it by mixing finely chopped palak or spinach leaves directly to wheat dough. this is the easiest way of preparing spinach paratha, but you may feel raw smell of palak leaves so the other way is to simply prepare the puree of spinach after boiling it.
- Chop spinach, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Grind it in a food processor and make a smooth puree. Do not add water while making puree.
- Combine 1½ cups wheat flour, 2 teaspoons oil or less, salt and prepared spinach puree in a deep bowl. (Add water only if required) and knead smooth and soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest at for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup dry wheat flour (atta) in a separate bowl.
- After 20 minutes, divide atta (wheat flour) equal parts and give them a round ball shape. Take one dough ball.
- Lightly coat its entire surface with dry wheat flour.
- With the help of rolling board and rolling pin, roll it out into round paratha (Little thick) .
- Place it on a heated tava/griddle & Cook each side with oil until light golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Serve hot with fresh curd.
Do not boil the palak for more time.It will change its color.
Immediately drain and run cold water over it to retain the bright green colour.
While grinding the puree, drain excess water.
Do not add water while kneading the dough. The water in the puree will be sufficient to knead it. Hence add the flour as per the puree.
you can store spinach puree in fridge & use it later.You can save time while making paratha.