When you are bored of eating potato poha, you can give it a twist. Try making poha potato cutlet. By adding vegetables, you can enhance the nutritional value as well.
Poha- 2 to 3 cup
Potatoes boiled and mashed -3
Oil- 2 tablespoons or less
Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
Onion finely chopped- 1 medium
Refined flour (maida)- 2 tablespoons
Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Green chillies finely chopped- 2
Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Soak poha for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped onion, two tablespoon of refined flour and roast for two to three minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, green chillies, turmeric powder, stir and mix well.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a bowl. Add soaked & drained poha, mashed potatoes, salt, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and fry the cutlets till golden/OR you can roast them over tava if you don't want to deep fry them.
- Serve hot.
- With potato, you can add boiled & crushed peas too.
- You can use left over rice too instead of soaked poha.
- you can add soaked bread too.