Bottle gourd(Lauki) is a vegetable high on water and is a rich source of vitamin C, K and calcium. It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels.
1 Bottle gourd (washed, peeled)
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
Dry mango powder/ amchur to taste OR Seasoning
Oil as required
1. Slice the bottle gourd, thickness of the slices depending on whether you would like to shallow fry or deep fry. Slightly thicker slices if you would like to deep fry. shallow frying is better. Sprinkle a little salt on the slices and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a flat fry pan/ skillet, depending on quantity of crisps you would like to fry. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the pieces in the pan. There are chances of oil sputtering, please be careful.
3. Cook till the slices are browned from both the sides and cooked well. Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle red chili powder and dry mango powder. .
4. Its ready to serve.
1. slice them up thin to get crispy chips. but too thin, they will burn easily.
2. Do not sprinkle too much salt.
3. You may replace the red chili powder and dry mango powder with seasoning.
4. You may air-fry or bake them.