Coconuts are known to be a powerhouse of health benefits. They are known to boost one's immunity and contain antifungal, antiviral, anti-parasitic and antibacterial properties as well. You can consume coconut in any of its various forms, such as raw coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut butter, coconut water etc.
Coconut is known to help treat many diseases such as throat infections, digestive problems, influenza, lice, giardia, bronchitis, and many other ailments.
- 2 cup Idli Rice , soaked in water for 3 to 4 hours
- 3/4 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 6 Dry red chillies , broken
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- Curry leaves , a few
- 3 Dry red chillies, broken
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
First grind soaked and drained idli rice, along with freshly grated coconut, salt, dry red chillies, and make a coarse mixture with 1/4 cup of water. Keep it aside.
Heat coconut oil. Once the oil is hot, add urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves, dry red chillies and peanuts.
Once they all turn light brown, crunchy, add the coarse coconut and rice mixture ( we made it in first step) into the pan and mix it.
Keep it closed and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes on low heat. Adjust water if needed.
Stir with a ladle every 5 minutes or so.
Keep it closed and cook until the rice gets cooked and water is absorbed.