The iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K in chickpeas all contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength.
Though phosphate and calcium are both important in bone structure, the careful balance of the two minerals is necessary for proper bone mineralization - consumption of too much phosphorus with too little calcium intake can result in bone loss.
- For Bread Basket:
- 6 thick slices Bread (white/brown)
- For Chana Chaat:
- 1 Cup Chana, boiled
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Chana Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- To taste Salt
- Prepare Bread Basket:
- Trim the edges and cut the bread slices into circular shape.
- Slightly roll out the bread circles and straighten them.
- Add butter on both the sides of the bread.
- Press them gently into the muffin pans.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius and bake the bread for 11-13 minutes. Just till they turn golden brown.
- Move to wire rack for cooling immediately.
- Prepare Chana Masala/Chana Chaat:
- Add oil in a pan and once hot, add cumin seeds and add the chopped onions and saute for 2 minutes. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry them till they get cooked nicely.
- Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and chana masala powder. Mix well.
- Add the boiled chana. Add 1/4 cup water and let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it has become a little dry, switch off flame.
Now fill up this stuffing in the Bread Baket. Garnish it with Sev & corriander.