Mung beans are a filling food. The high fiber & protein levels produce longer satiety times due to the double increase of the satiety hormone cholecystokinin as compared to meals that are devoid of these beans.
Therefore consuming mung beans on a regular basis helps decrease food intake, thus lower weight and aid in fighting obesity.
- Croutons (Sauted bread):- 1 cup
- Chopped onion: - ½ cup
- Chopped tomato: - ½ cup
- Sev: - 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala: - 1 tsp
- Boiled and cubed potato: - ½ cup
- Chopped coriander/cilantro leaves: - 1 tbsp
- Sprouted and boiled whole green moong beans: - 2 tbsp
- Green chutney and tamarind chutney: - 1 tsp each
- On two serving dishes, spread the croutons and then add the potato pieces.
- Mix green moong beans and onions to it. Combine well.
- Add tamarind and green chutney.
- Add serve and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and chaat masala to it.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve.
How to Make Bread Croutons:
1. Cut the bread into even-sized cubes.
2. The bread should be a little dry, at least a day old.
3. Melt butter on medium high heat in a large saute pan. Add the croutons and mix them up in the butter so they get lightly coated. Spread the croutons out in a single layer in the pan.
4. Then don't stir them until they start to brown on one side. Once they start to brown, use a metal spatula to lift them up and turn them over, so more sides brown. When the croutons are at least a little toasted on a couple of sides, remove from heat.
5. If storing, let cool completely before putting in an airtight container. Otherwise the steam released from the warm croutons will take away their crunch.