Gram flour (Besan), more popularly known as besan is a highly nutritions food which provides us with lots of health benefits. Owing to it’s high protein content it can be easily be consumed by vegetarians to fulfil their protein needs.
- 1 Cup Besan
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- Few chopped green chillies
- Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- Corriandar Leaves
- Take Besan in a bowl.
- Add tomato, onion, green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander leaves and salt. Mix well.
- Add water and make a smooth batter.(Not very watery one)
- Heat a pan. Once hot, add a teaspoon of oil.
- When the oil is hot, pour in one spoonful of batter and spread it out evenly.
- Cook it on medium flame.
- Slowly flip it and cook the other side.
- It takes time to cook..so need patience.
- Remove it from the pan.
- Serve with chutney of your choice.
NOTE: Once its cooked ,you can place 2-3 tbsp of stuffing (grated paneer, sliced capsicum) as well on one side of the cheela and roll (to make a cylinder).