Papaya is rich in fibre, Vitamin C and antioxidants which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries. Too much cholesterol build-up can lead to several heart diseases including heart attack and hypertension.
Papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns. Papayas have high digestive enzymes; they help in supporting your digestive fire or agni.
- 2 cup fresh papaya , cubed
- 4 tablespoons of sugar , plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 cups of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix on high until the ice is well blended. Try and add more sugar if desired and blend for an additional minute.
- Serve immediately.