The nutrients in kale can help boost well being and prevent a range of health problems.It contains fiber, antioxidants, calcium, and vitamin K, among others.Even the chlorophyll in kale may have health benefits.
Kale is high in fiber and water. Both of these help prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract.
- 30 gm Kale
- 1 apple -chopped
- 2 dates pitted and chopped
- 1 cup of hot brewed green tea
- Place your kale, apple and dates in your smoothie maker. Add in a splash of cold water and splash of the green tea
- Blend on high for a minute or two until the dates and kale have been completely incorporated.
- Pour your smoothie into a cup and mix in the remaining green tea.
A word of warning. Don’t fill your smoothie maker up with boiling hot tea. It’s either going to shatter the glass (if you have a glass jug) or it’s going to come wushing out with a tonne of pressure when you open the lid after whizzing things up. Check if your smoothie maker or blender can take warm or hot liquids.